httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject NameVirtualHost
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 08:35:48 GMT
How about this:

    In the absence of NameVirtualHost, Apache will do what everyone seems
    to want it to do (but me).  That is it will guess that any overlapping
    IP addresses are supposed to be name virtual hosts.

    If any NameVirtualHost directives are present, then they must list
    all addresses (any unlisted addresses result in an error).

    "NameVirtualHost none" will disable NameVirtualHost support entirely.

Given that we've had four PRs already, and it confused (at least) three
old-timer new-httpd members I have to admit defeat on this issue.

Dean