httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Why apache proxy doesn't support persistent connection?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 03:11:56 GMT
The proxy is only a 1.0 proxy ... so it could support this.  And it could
support persistent connections to the origin server as well in this case.
As described in draft-ietf-http-connection-00.txt you shouldn't use the
same persistent connection (with an upstream server) for requests from
multiple clients.  Which is a nice convenient excuse for us to do only 1
to 1 persistent connections :)

Dean