httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Trying to grok .module files
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 03:08:46 GMT

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> As for Jim's suggestion to run TestCompile out of the src directory.
> Doesn't matter to me if we do it that way or the way I suggested with the
> "cd .." before the $(CC).  Whichever way, TestCompile needs to compile
> from the same location as the real compile or the test is not completely
> reliable.

Replace "compile" with "link" in that last sentence and I'll agree with
you 100% :)

While reading your first message I was dreading that we'd have to create
LIBS_DEPTH0, LIBS_DEPTH1, LIBS_DEPTH2.  In fact we sort of have to do that
... 'cause we do link in support as well.  I'm not sure what to do about
that.  What happens with your setup (including your patch) and you try to
build something in src/support?

Dean