httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: on large numbers of virtual hosts and memory use
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 06:25:56 GMT
Yeah this is something that I meant to look at ... never had the time
though. Given that I mostly use IRIX and Linux which both have optimistic
COW it's not a huge issue for me.  But it's a pain in the butt on the few
solaris servers I deal with.

To do this I think we'd need three pools:

    pconf	like current pconf, but should only be stuff which is
		shared RO
    ptemp	like current ptemp
    punshare	probably created before init_modules() and contains stuff
		which is unshared -- but allocated by the parent

Dean