httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: indenting
Date Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:57:32 GMT
I didn't expand a single file that I indented.  Nothing snuck through.  8
column tabs are the default.  They're what indent generates, and they're
what vi generates all the time (unless you change the hard tab setting),
and it's pointless to fight against them.  I stated all this before last
time this debate came up.

The "formal" style guide says that tabs "should never be used".  I
disagree with it because that creates unneeded work to constantly combat
tools which constantly insert tabs.  Not to mention confusing diffs where
you look at it and have to wonder wtf changed and then stick -b on there
hoping for enlightenment.

Dean