httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main alloc.c
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 03:19:47 GMT
On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Martijn Koster wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 1997 at 01:11:24PM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
> > Should we maybe make all '//' comments use /*  */?  Will cygwin gcc (if
> > someone ever comes up with a gnu Makefile for the NT version) support '//'?
> >  Just wondering...
>
> Please. If not, you need to document somewhere that SGI compilers need
> -Xcpluscomm or else they barf on //.

This isn't really the point, but I remember reading somewhere that a
recent rev to th ANSI C spec now allows the use of //
comments. *shrug*

Personally, I think we should use BASIC comments (the REM keyword, if
I recall correctly). If people's C compilers don't support it, that's
their fault, right? :)

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>