httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Win32 binary
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:33:35 GMT
BTW, a few notes on Win32 binaries (I really wish I had an NT box
right now):

1. Don't forget to update dev.apache.org/how-to-release.html with how
to make a complete package from the source.

2. Don't forget to rewrite www.apache.org/windows.html to explain how
to a) install a binary release and run it, b) how to install a source
release and compile it. (I'm presuming the InstallShield program
contains both source and binaries, from which you can choose?)

3. Since it doesn't quite appear ready to work, can we put it in
/httpd/dist instead of /apache/dist? Things should only go into
/apache/dist if we actually want the world to use them. And is
"Apache32_1.3b2.exe" really the best name? I don't like it being
alphabetically on top of the list. I'd perfer a lowercase
a. "apache_1.3b2-win32.exe" maybe.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>