httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Announcement rough framework
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 00:35:03 GMT
On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Apache 1.3beta2 Released
>
> The Apache Group is pleased to announce the release of
> the first public beta release of Apache 1.3.
>
> Apache 1.3 offers numerous enhancements, improvements and performance
> boosts over the 1.2 codebase. The most visible and noteworthy addition
> is the ability to run Apache under Windows 96 and NT.

Um... the product is called Windows 95, regardless of when it actually
shipped...

And add some text about how the Windows version is still only source,
no binaries, and for developers only (copy the text from the 1.3a1
announcement maybe), though you might mention we hope to have a binary
for 1.3b3.

Oh, and someone needs to roll a 1.3b2 zipfile, from the Windows
version of the CVS tree (so the linebreaks and such are correct), if
that hasn't been done.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>