httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: include <regex.h> in conf.h?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:55:43 GMT
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> httpd.h includes conf.h which in turn does a #include <regex.h>
>
> When compiling with WANTHSREGEX=yes, this is a problem.

Um... why? I don't understand. <regex.h> should point to whichever
regex package you have selected in your Configuration; Apache's or
your system's. Unless it's broken again.

Can someone explain to me again why we decided to not just use the
Spencer regex all the time? Wouldn't that have made life easier?

P.S. And we certainly can't get rid of <regex.h> from httpd.h, because
there are functions prototyped in httpd.h which use regexes. And
alloc.h, too. Because Apache uses them. All over the place. So you
can't get rid of them. I can't write complete sentances, apparently,
either.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>