httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Jing <d...@tango.ncic.ac.cn>
Subject Why apache proxy doesn't support persistent connection?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 01:29:42 GMT
Hi,

I am a new comer of apache. I hope to ask a simple question:
Why the proxy of apache don't support persistent connection? I find
it very easy to support it based on the source code.

Netscape's Navigator has a head field "Proxy-Connection" while
it uses HTTP/1.0. Of course, it askes persistent connection of proxy. But
in rfc2068, it said "A proxy server MUST NOT establish a persistent
connection with an HTTP/1.0 client". Is this the reason why our apache
proxy omit "Proxy-Connection" field and don't support persistent
connection with a HTTP/1.0 client?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,

Jing Deng