httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: pre-patch: struct sockaddr_in error messages
Date Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:24:27 GMT
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> We've got a few PRs on file asking for client addresses in various error
> messages.  They're quite reasonable requests.  I'd hoped we'd get this
> in way long ago as part of the error log cleanup.
>
> This patch adds two extensions to ap_snprintf:
>     %S takes a struct sockaddr_in and prints it a.b.c.d:port
>     %A takes a struct sockaddr_in and prints it a.b.c.d

Be warned that this breaks the concept of HAVE_SNPRINTF completely, and
places that define it (eg. FreeBSD port) will fall over and die and print
garbage.  If you do this, you need to yank out all the HAVE_SNPRINTF
stuff.  That means if there ever is anywhere that has snprintf but ours
is broken for some reason, they are dead.