httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: MS releases "fixed" FP98 Apache extensions
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:39:20 GMT
On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Didn't DOS 2.0 invent directories?

All I know is that I really missed them on my Apple ][ using (mumble)DOS
because (mutter)DOS didn't work for mumble applications.

Still trying to look at the updates:

gzip: stdin: corrupt input.
tar: archive fp30.bsdi.tar.z EOF not on block boundary

sigh.  Guess I need to get MS-compress.  Last I knew compress used
a .Z headers.  Oh, I forgot, case doesn't on MS servers.

Love their ftp servers:

8285109 bytes transfered in 1227.6 seconds  (6.59 kB/s)

When there is enough bandwidth between us to get 300kB/s.  Good thing they
aren't using those process things like ftp.cdrom.com, since it is obvious
that such ideas can't scale.

Hehe.  They have now added a disclaimer to the source:

 * NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. In no event shall Microsoft or its suppliers be
 * liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages
 * for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business
 * information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or
 * inability to use this Microsoft product, even if Microsoft has been advised
 * of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not
 * allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or
 * incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.

I don't recall "even if MS has been advised of the possibility" in most
of their disclaimers.

Ever wonder why the archive is over 8 megs?

-r-xr-xr-x 3/7         2052096 Sep 13 19:46 1997 frontpage/version3.0/exes/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe
-r-xr-xr-x 3/7         2052096 Sep 13 19:46 1997 frontpage/version3.0/exes/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/admin.exe
-r-xr-xr-x 3/7         2052096 Sep 13 19:46 1997 frontpage/version3.0/exes/_vti_bin/shtml.exe

Yes, they are all the same.

All in all, the extensions look _much_ better.  Freaky how I can almost do
a step by step listing of my complaints and associate each one with a
chunk of code.  I forgot to leave one major thing out of my list of
problems to see if they got it.  <g>