httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Change Request - No more .Z filesy
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:49:30 GMT
I'm afraid I don't understand the need to get rid of the .Z files.  Sure,
most people have gzip but it takes so little effort to make .Zs that why
not?  I don't see how someone wanting to be a mirror can complain about
the bandwidth taken to transfer a single copy of each release when
compared to people actually downloading it, and I'm not sure disk space is
that big an issue.