httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Red Hat getting ready to distribute 1.1.3
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 19:09:49 GMT
On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Just checked out Red Hat's beta for their new Linux distribution
> (v5.0), and it uses Apache 1.1.3. Would it be appropriate for someone
> from here to ask them nicely to use 1.2.4 or the future 1.2.5?

Yes.  And to tell them that we no longer support 1.1, if any of their
customers have a problem using it we will tell them that we can't help
them since their vendor is shipping a completely obsolete version of the
product and that they should complain to their vendor or get a real
distribution.

I would rant at them (I'm in a ranting mood; NP completeness can do that
to your) but I'm not a Linux type of guy and know nothing about RedHat.