httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject NameVirtualHost... doesn't.
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 05:57:18 GMT
Dean wrote:

>     <VirtualHost>
>       # second name-vhost definition, presumably maps
>       # to the same set of RR addresses as
>     </VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost says:

NameVirtualHost takes one argument, a numeric ip address:port, or the name
of a host with a single address

those two don't fit.

Ahhhh.  I see.  I have been completely unable to make name based virtual
hosts work right for the past little bit because of the loopback
interface.  "telnet 80", when done locally, uses lo0.  I am
assuming that Apache is seeing that as a connection to, so it
isn't treating it as eligible for a name based vhost.  To make it work
from the local host, I had to add NameVirtualHost and change the
VirtualHost declaration to use  I can not make it work without
doing both those changes.

That sucks.  I think I like the vhost changes overall, but loopback causes

View raw message