httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Stronghold httpsd and IE4.0
Date Sat, 04 Oct 1997 00:26:45 GMT
On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Richard Rognlie wrote:

> > I suspect that the "Data area passed to a system call is too small"
> > error we are having when connecting to your change user id site is
> > related to this bug -- we have only had reports of errors when
> > connecting to the secure Stronghold sites.  A mostly (but not entirely)
> > encrypted data stream is perhaps what is choking our browser.
> > Well, it's in both of our interests to find these issues before too much
> > time gets by...

I am working at a slight disadvantage here because I have neither
MSIE4.x or Stronghold code handy, but...

$ /usr/local/ssl/bin/telnet -z ssl swww.erols.com 443
No SOCKS support
Trying 205.252.116.87...
[SSL Connected - Cipher DES-CBC-MD5]
[SSL subject=/C=US/SP=Virginia/L=Springfield/O=Erol's Internet/CN=swww.erols.com
]
[SSL issuer=/C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification Autho
rity]
Connected to swww.erols.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /cgi-bin/chuserid/chuserid.cgi HTTP/1.1
Host: swww.erols.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK