httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: general/1247: Main server configuration & VirtualHosts are botched
Date Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:48:02 GMT
    Yoshi/JDC,

    I'm not sure what happened to your bug report; it doesn't appear to
    be in the database even though I received a copy of it.  Regardless,
    concerning it:

    Lighten up!  This is beta-test software, and the *first* beta
    release at that.  No-one is forcing you to install it, and the
    documentation CLEARLY STATES that we expect there to be problems.
    If you have different expectations, that's hardly our fault - we
    warned you.

    Your abusive report just fills us with eagerness to help you - NOT.
    Now, since your original PR seems to be lost, would you like to try
    again?  This time I ask that you at least be civil.

    We've been having some trouble with the bug database over the last
    couple of days which probably explains the missing report; I'll
    check to see if any others have gone missing as well.

    In the meantime, try putting these TWO LINES in front of all your
    <VirtualHost> containers:

     LogLevel debug
     NameVirtualHost 206.190.135.249

    and see what happens.

    Thanks for using Apache - attitude and all.

    #ken    P-(}