httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: WANTHSREGEX
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 07:25:51 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:
> This is one of the reasons I really like autoconf -- instead of
> complaining to us, they complain to GNU and GNU adds features to autoconf
> and we inherit that work.  But I'm not about to touch that argument again.

Actually, do touch it. Autoconf has moved on since that argument, and I,
for one, would like to revisit the possibility. Still have reservations
about the maintenance load, but I haven't been bitten by autoconf lately
(possibly because I've largely given up using OSes that GNU don't have
much interest in, such as SCO).

Cheers,

Ben.