httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: [BUGFIX] "make OPTIM=-g" doesn't pass CFLAGS to linker
Date Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:15:51 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:
> I think it would be more consistent if the -g/-O setting would be passed
> to the linker, too. Trying to set it in the top level Makefile (in OPTIM=-g)
> or on the command line fails. The compile steps are executed with -g,
> but not the linking.
> The appended patch is a proposed fix for that.

On Irix you have to do this for some optimiser settings, I seem to
remember... +1.

Not sure that -g should go in OPTIM, though.

Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 735 0689|
and Technical Director|Email: |Apache-SSL author
A.L. Digital Ltd,     |
London, England.      |"Apache: TDG"

View raw message