httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: C++ (was Re: in progress: vhosts yet again)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 1997 15:28:09 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 05, 1997 at 03:58:14PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > We'd have to compare the subset that works in both MS C++ and g++.
> > And we'd lose platforms that have native ansi-c compilers but don't
> > have a g++ port (such as ... ?).
>
> What I've heard from friends who do a lot more C++ programming than I
> do is that g++ is not a very reliable C++ compiler. If so, you may
> spend some time working around compiler bugs.

Hmmm ... I use g++ quite a lot, and so far haven't found any bugs,
except for a really stupid one in the iostream libraries (if you supply
the optional flags to the constructor, you have to include the direction
flag, even though it is implicit in the type (i.e. ios::in or
ios::out)).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org