httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Sun Oct 5 17:43:52 PDT 1997
Date Mon, 06 Oct 1997 10:36:48 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:
>     * Win32:
>         InstallShield

I actually now have a more-or-less working install. There are two
problems with it, and a new one for Win95:

1. It doesn't install as a service on NT for some reason (though there
is code to do it). I don't rate this as a major issue - it can be done
from the command line, and anyway it should be optional (but I haven't
figured out how to make it so).

2. The config files as patched by the install don't work (I'll look into
this).

3. Win95 doesn't seem to serve up index.html, though NT does.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org