httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Stronghold httpsd and IE4.0
Date Sat, 04 Oct 1997 09:42:01 GMT
Mark J Cox wrote:

> > It appears like there is a bug in Stronghold when dealing with HTTP/1.1
> > and SSL chunked encoding and CGIs.  Hopefully this is enough for c2 to
> > track it down now that it can be replicated...
>
> Yes it is a bug. When the chunking code was changed to use writev()
> instead of write()  in one of the Apache 1.2 beta's I fixed up Stronghold
> to use multiple write's on SSL requests.  Unfortunately this fix was lost
> (it's not even in my CVS tree).
>
> [The bug can be quickly worked around  by editing the src/buff.c
> file, inserting the line
> #define NO_WRITEV
> at the top and recompiling Stronghold.  This fixes the problem, however a
> full bug fix will be available on our site on Monday]

Since we're on the subject of bugs in secure Apaches, people might like
to know that Apache-SSL 1.2.4+1.9 and 1.10 are both broken, but 1.11 is
out and may even work. It may not be visible yet, depending on the work
habits of the FTP site admin...

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org