httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Tue Sep 30 10:00:33 PDT 1997
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 10:07:35 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On a more real note; Ben: You say you're voting +1 for 1.3b1. Does
> that mean you've solved all the issues neccessary to make an
> acceptable Windows binary that we can distribute and idiots can
> install and make working without too much trouble (and some
> directions)?

Hmmm. Not quite. Firstly, I'm voting +1 on the basis that Windows
shouldn't hold up testing on Unix. Secondly, Windows has some strange
problems that will take some time to solve if I'm the only one working
on them (I move house next week, so I'll be even busier than usual), and
could do with some more eyes. Thirdly, I may finally be in a position to
actually install InstallShield, so I _may_ be able to roll a nice
installation package, and finally, if I can't, well, the most valuable
input at this stage would still be from people with compilers.

> Unforunately, I still don't have a Windows machine. I should soon,
> some way or another. However, I've discovered I can use CodeWarrior on
> my Mac to cross-compile to Windows (it comes with the full set of
> Microsoft libraries and headers, as well) as an x86
> compiler/linker. Something tells me, however, this is not the best way
> of doing Windows development...

I think you may be right.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org