httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: related commercial projects
Date Wed, 29 Oct 1997 05:12:57 GMT
At 09:31 PM 10/28/97 -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
>Do you mean by "development projects" non-commercial type things?

On one page I'd have:

  Programming language integration projects:
    PHP/FI
    mod_perl
    Apache/Java Servlet Kit

  Alternate OS support:
    OS/2
    Amiga

  Information Resources:
    Apache Week

  Add-on software:
    Apache-SSL
    Apache Module registry

And on the second:

  Commercial software based on Apache:
    Stronghold
    Tenon

  Companies providing support for Apache?:
    (see below)

Part of this is sparked by the fact that I've been cruising around the
freebsd.org web site, and am green with envy at how well they've put
together a site which lends real real credibility to their product as
something businesses can trust.  They've also been successful at breeding
separate mailing lists for separate subjects, and building a good archive
search tool.

So, for "companies providing support for Apache", I'd like us to start
actively soliciting entries for that table.  The current table, buried
under /misc/, is way way old and somewhat ugly.  Would someone like to take
that on as a task?

Speaking of jobs, and knowing that everyone here is overloaded; what do
folks think about coming up with a list of "open positions", and sending
that to apache-announce?  Right now it's really difficult for someone
enthusiastic about Apache to know what needs doing, and also gain the
authority to actually accomplish it within our structure.  I'd like to open
things up a little bit more, and this seems like a good way to do that.

Thoughts?

	Brian

"it's a big world, with lots of records to play." - sig   brian@organic.com