httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: related commercial projects
Date Thu, 30 Oct 1997 06:00:17 GMT
On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 10:46:08AM -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> There are some folks here who've offered to do things but we got bogged
> down in the approval (which is normal for us :).  Manoj offerred to
> maintain all the contrib patches and such -- he'll have to comment on
> whether his ibm work agreement lets him do this ...

Well, AFAIK, maintaining contrib is simply a matter of putting patches
in the appropriate places, writing a little statement about what it
does, and even occasionally testing the patches out. My reading of the
IBM agreeement doesn't cover this. In fact, I think I can even write
documentation, since that counts as "other work", and the rules are
less strict for that (I'd have to be working on that kind of project
at work as well, which I'm not).

Just to update y'all, the person I asked about an exemption didn't
laugh at me, which is a very good sign. He said he'd work on it and
get back to me. In the mean time, I'll have to be content with working
for the guys who saved the U.S. stock market. <g>

"The use of others' words to express one's own perceptions shows a dependence
on received wisdom and a lack of integration of the personal philosophy."
  -- The Sophist, "Green Lantern - MOSAIC," Issue #1, June 1992