httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Re-formatting the sources: mod_rewrite.c?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:44:52 GMT

In article <9710281506.aa02278@paris.ics.uci.edu> you wrote:
>>in src/INDENT there is an entry for mod_rewrite
>>
>>    mod_rewrite.c        PART done by Roy (gave up at line 2000)
>>
>>Roy: What is the current state? Are you or someone
>>    still doing some work on it or should I take this work over?

> Please do take over.  I am completely swamped and will probably remain
> so for the next three months.  The only thing I was doing was making
> things look nice under 80 columns, and prettying up the comments a bit.

I'll finish it.

> mod_rewrite is a really huge file for a C program.  You might want to look
> for ways to abstract out pieces of it for 2.0.  I suppose that will be a
> lot easier once the API is changed to make URL rewriting a real phase.

Yes, it is huge because it provides a lot of features ;_) I really want to
split mod_rewrite into peaces like mod_proxy, too. And when the 2.0 API
contains real support for URL rewriting then a lot of stuff from the current
source can be simplified, yes.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com