httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject [Q]: MD5 hash when serving byte ranges?!
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:14:42 GMT
When browsing through http_core.c, I thought I saw that the MD5 hash is
built over the entire file, even when only byte ranges from the file are
served. From RFC2068, it is unclear to me whether this is correct. An
intermediate cache need not have the complete document in its cache, so
it cannot verify correct reception based on a hash that covers the whole
file.

Shouldn't the hash be built only over the byte range served?

    Martin