httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: pre-patch: struct sockaddr_in error messages
Date Fri, 24 Oct 1997 20:13:07 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Not convinced. The argument about our snprintf being broken but the
> existing one not is spurious. If any of our code is broken, the user is
> scuppered.

I think Marc's argument was that if our snprintf() was broken,
the user was hosed. By only ``concern'' was that as it stands,
the current ap_snprintf() function is a drop-in replacement
for the ANSI-standard version. If we add the 2 extensions, that
stops being the case. That's not a plus or a minus, but it _is_
a change from the current baseline.