httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: os-aix/1267: memmove() must be defined as bcopy() on AIX 1.X (fwd)
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:25:02 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 1997 at 01:34:36PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > I've got copies of both... I can add them to util.c with a suitable
> > wrapper.
> Or create a libap.a out of it (with nothing else until the copyright thing
> is settled)? Oh yeah, a couple of util.c routines could move as well.

I don't know about that... those 2 functions are really just
``portable'' versions of general functions, not really "wrappers"
for others (as most of the ap_foobar() stuff is).

BUT, it might make sense to "improve" libap to libaputil which
includes both types. Thus, it would include ap_snprintf, the
ap_signal stuff as well as various functions that the particular
OS might lack.