httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: Runaway httpd process (fwd)
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:58:35 GMT
Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net> wrote:

>   Well, it's never happened since the one I reported (that I've noticed).
> Like I said, it is very very rare. Normally the httpd eventually dies off
> anyways so if I don't happen to spot it, it's missing. Here's the perl -V
> just FYI. It was indeed build with sfio so we could use the fastcgi module
> and so on.

>     libs=-ldlmalloc -lsocket -lnsl -lm -ldl -lstdsfio -lsfio
                                              ^^^^^^^^^
Yup, that's the culprit.  -lsfio is enough for an sfio-enabled Perl,
I'm not sure if Perl's Configure added -lstdsfio and/or how to stop it
from doing so, it did not add -lstdsfio for me in the past.  If you
still see the problem, edit Perl's Config.pm and remove the -lstdsfio,
along with hiding sfio's stdio.h.  Rebuild httpd/mod_perl, the problem
should go away, then put the sfio stuff back to the way it was.  The
proper fix would require more effort, and I'm not sure if the problem
lies in sfio or apache.

-Doug