httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b2 tarball
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:08:58 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>

> > Still tried and no luck. I get:
> >
> >     [src/CVS] $ cvs export -r APACHE_1_3b2 -d lala apachen
> >     cvs [export aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>:
> > 	No such file or directory
> >     [src/CVS] $ cvs export -r APACHE_1_3b2 -d lala apachen
> >     cvs export: existing repository /export/home/cvs does not match
> > 	/export/home/cvs/apachen
> >     cvs export: ignoring module apachen
>
> Do it locally on taz then.  There is a bug in CVS that breaks remote
> exports.  May have been fixed somehow in the version that was being used
> before, don't know.  The instructions clearly say "do it on taz".

The docs also say to sign the release, which is not possible
on taz, since it lacks pgp. It also assumes that one has a login
on taz, which may not always be the case, esp in the future.
One can pick and choose what to do to follow the instuctions
and then slam someone when they do the same.

For many reasons, it is much easier to do stuff locally, rather
than remotely on taz.

> You know, I think you figured out my entire reason for existing.  The only
> thing I ever do is sit here and complain.  Whenever I do anything else, it
> is just as a distraction until I can find something else to complain
> about.  My entire life's work consists of nothing but sitting here and
> waiting for Jim to post a message so I can complain about everything he
> says.
>
> Oh, and since the only thing I do is complain I guess I had better
> complain about something.  Hmm.  Your feet smell.

See, told ya! :)