httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Random questions while doing libap
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:05:13 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Well, had a little extra time, so I did some more transferring of code
> to libap, and I had a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is there a specific reason why header files aren't surrounded by
>
> #ifndef blah
> #define blah
> #endif
>
> There are some places I'd like to be able to add this construct, and
> found it interesting that it wasn't needed before.
>
> For example, I've had problems with API_EXPORT which I could solve by
> including conf.h in libap.h. But, including conf.h causes
> "Redefinition" errors while compiling other stuff.

The long and short of it is because "if we don't get errors, we usually
don't bother." There are some places in the code where we do wrap
#define's, but it's usually in places where some outside process
would set it (like when being compiled). Although it make real
sense in doing that to be safe, we've just never had the need, and
when the need does arise, we usually handle it on a case-by-case
basis.

If your code requires, or even just _uses_ the construct, please
do NOT let our lack of use discourage you from using it!