httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b2 tarball
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:01:36 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > Martin Kraemer wrote:

> > > Oh Well -- then the Very Bad Thing has happened to 1.3b2...  ;-)
> > >

> > 'cvs export' failed whenever I tried it, so I didn't bother. Since
> > 1.3b2 was experimental/developers, I saw no harm in keeping the CVS
> > tree, although I went ahead and remove the RULES and .cvsignore
> > stuff. If people have hearburn, we can redistribute, but unless
> > 'cvs export' works, someone will have to remove the CVS directores
> > by hand.
>
> If cvs export doesn't work, say why and get it fixed.  Seems to work fine
> for me.  Note you need to do it on apachen not apache.

Still tried and no luck. I get:

    [src/CVS] $ cvs export -r APACHE_1_3b2 -d lala apachen
    cvs [export aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>:
	No such file or directory
    [src/CVS] $ cvs export -r APACHE_1_3b2 -d lala apachen
    cvs export: existing repository /export/home/cvs does not match
	/export/home/cvs/apachen
    cvs export: ignoring module apachen

In any case, big hairy deal, the distribution has the CVS trees in it.
Why not jump down off your high horse? Or do you simply like to
complain constantly?