httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3b2 tarball
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:43:24 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 1997 at 03:17:00PM -0700, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > Actually, the how-to-release document very explicly says to use cvs
> > export to generate the directory tree, which does not generate CVS
> > directories. If cvs checkout is being used instead, that is a Very Bad
> > Thing.
>
> Oh Well -- then the Very Bad Thing has happened to 1.3b2...  ;-)

'cvs export' failed whenever I tried it, so I didn't bother. Since
1.3b2 was experimental/developers, I saw no harm in keeping the CVS
tree, although I went ahead and remove the RULES and .cvsignore
stuff. If people have hearburn, we can redistribute, but unless
'cvs export' works, someone will have to remove the CVS directores
by hand.