httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Random questions while doing libap
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 02:13:39 GMT
Well, had a little extra time, so I did some more transferring of code
to libap, and I had a couple of questions:

1. Is there a specific reason why header files aren't surrounded by

#ifndef blah
#define blah
#endif

There are some places I'd like to be able to add this construct, and
found it interesting that it wasn't needed before.

For example, I've had problems with API_EXPORT which I could solve by
including conf.h in libap.h. But, including conf.h causes
"Redefinition" errors while compiling other stuff.

2. Any other problems that'll be solved by moving specific functions
to libap, or is this basically a code cleanup thing?

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a Perl
script." -- _Programming Perl_, 2nd ed.