httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: Win32 binary
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:10:59 GMT
It's easiest to start apache from a PIF file. It launches the command.com
shell that's required (and where stderr goes - I made a patch a while ago
to send logs to stderr too. Maybe I can recycle them with the new logging)
but you have the possibility to hardwire a startup directory and a parameter
to pass to the executable, with less overhead than starting a .bat file.

The bad news is that PIF files are binary and have to be created with PIFEDIT,
so it's not easy to replace the paths by the actual installation directory.

    Martin