httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite how-to-release.html
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 21:51:42 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Marc Slemko wrote:
> > >
> > > But it means that if you crosspost to all (Martin didn't, unless he posted
> > > two... I see one posted to three newsgroups here now) of them, it doesn't
> > > appear in _any_ until the moderator approves it.
> >
> > Yes, most definately, it should NOT be crossposted. I didn't realize
> > anything in how-to-release said _to_ crosspost.
> Well if you are posting to multiple groups you had better crosspost or I
> will come after you with a big hammer!
> Seperating moderated groups from unmoderated is a valid reason to post two
> seperate copies.  Doing it for fun is not.

That's what I meant... The doc's currently do not mention at all
how to post, which groups should be cross-posted and which should
not. Not everyone checks .announce and, if they do, may not notice
that it's moderated and, if they do, may not realize the impacts
of crossposting to moderated groups.

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |