httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Announcement rough framework
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 00:09:06 GMT

Apache 1.3beta2 Released

The Apache Group is pleased to announce the release of
the first public beta release of Apache 1.3.

Apache 1.3 offers numerous enhancements, improvements and performance
boosts over the 1.2 codebase. The most visible and noteworthy addition
is the ability to run Apache under Windows 96 and NT.

Apache 1.3b2 under UNIX has undergone extensive testing, but there are
known issues in the current release. The Windows port has not undergone
as strenuous a workout. Apache 1.3b1 was never formally released, thus
making 1.3b2 the first beta.

Apache has been the most popular web server on the Internet since April
of 1996. The September 1997 WWW server site survey by Netcraft (see:
http://www.netcraft.co.uk/Survey/) found that more web servers were
using Apache than any other software. Apache and its derivatives are run
on over 48% of all web domains on the Internet.

The Apache project has been organized in an attempt to answer some of
the concerns regarding active development of a public domain HTTP server
for UNIX. The goal of this project is to provide a secure, efficient and
extensible server which provides HTTP services in sync with the current
HTTP standards.

For more information, please check out http://www.apache.org/