httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David G Taylor" <david.tay...@ait.ac.nz>
Subject Porting APACHE to a mips RISC/os Release 5 computer.
Date Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:12:46 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been attempting to do a port of the Apache V1.2.4 software to
an older Unix system.  The machine is a mips RC3230 computer running
the RISC/os Release 5 Unix. It supports 3 different C compilers -
the one I have been using the the System V Release 4 compiler.
After following the guidance in the PORTING file, I was able to get
APACHE to successfully compile. However upon setting it up and
running it, I find that just the request to get the supplied
INDEX.HTML file causes the computer to thrash, and slow down
considerably. It appears to be searching the disk for something but
cant find it.  I am running it as a standalone server, and have
checked that there is no entry for port 80 in the /etc/inetd.conf.

Could you suggest where I might look for the problem? I have checked
the error_log file, but there is no record of any error. Do you know
of a port for the above computer?

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards,

    David G Taylor  Email : David.Taylor@ait.ac.nz
    Software Officer Electrotechnology Dept.
    Auckland Institute of Technology. Ph (09) 307 9999 X 8086.

"Repent,Believe,Receive - the three keywords to Heaven!"