httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/support htdigest.c htpasswd.c rotatelogs.c
Date Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:34:04 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> > Actually, it's looking like 1.3b1 was never really released yet.
> > Still, a tarball was rolled and the CVS tree has reflected 1.3b1
> > for awhile.
>
> That should not happen.  It should be 1.3b1 for twelve seconds to roll the
> tarball, then should be 1.3b2-dev.  It doesn't matter if 1.3b1 was
> released or not.

The whole point is that the 1.3b1 tarball does not reflect the current
status of 1.3b1 since patches where added to it after the roll. Saying
"that should not happen" doesn't change the fact that it did :) :)
Sooo my post was to reflect that idea that our first beta release
will be 1.3b2 not 1.3b1 to avoid the resultant confusion. I see that
Doug's changed the code to reflect the 1.3b2-dev stage so we're good.
Of course, it would also make sense to remove the 1.3b1 tarball
to ;)