httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject [BUGFIX] Another Description Column Fix for mod_autoindex
Date Sat, 11 Oct 1997 01:32:45 GMT
When the description column contains text (exactly maximum allowed
length) and <HTTPTAGS>, such as in

  AddDescription "Forthcoming Beta_<A HREF=/docs/new_features_1_3.html>Apache</A>"
apache_1.3b1.tar.gz

then the current code truncates after finding that the final "e" of Apache
reaches the column limit of the description column. The </A> gets truncated.

The appended patch relaxes this limit and allows arbitraty html tags to
appear behind the printed text, until
    a.  the string end is reached
    b.  the next character outside of <tag quotes> is found.
	(Well, in this situation, the's no space to print a truncation
	delimiter, like it appears in normal text. But the value of complete,
	paired tags outweighs this deficiency IMO.)

    Martin