httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Hudson <...@cryptsoft.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b1: Tue Sep 30 10:00:33 PDT 1997
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 10:20:51 GMT
> > However, I've discovered I can use CodeWarrior on my Mac to cross-compile
> > to Windows (it comes with the full set of Microsoft libraries and
> > headers, as well) as an x86 compiler/linker.
> > Something tells me, however, this is not the best way of doing Windows
> > development...
    I've already had a couple of seriously experienced Mac programmers
warn me away from using the cross-compiler setup even though the CodeWarrior
cross-compiler is the best that they have seen. There are behavioural
differences and you really have to build things using the PowerPlant side of
things to get any real cross-platform portability and then you are not
really dealing with Windows code development.

    It did look interesting enought that I had a quick play with it one
evening to see if it would be useful ... though I was more interested in
going the other way (cross-compiling for MacOS hosted under Win32).

    Is there a MacOS port of Apache hidding somewhere that I've not heard
about given that a few people seem to have Mac development environments
hiding in the wings?

Tim.