httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: apache_1.3b3-dev_win32_a.exe
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:39:27 GMT

Yeah, it's normally \Program Files\company-name\product. If we could
correctly update the conf/*-win files with the install location we could
set it correctly. But we can't at the moment so we have to hardcode a
default location.

	I'm still new here so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but can
	the conf/*-win files be changed to specify \Program Files\Apache
	rather than \Apache? Or is it kept that way for Unix compatibility?

I think the uninstall stuff goes somewhere under a Microsoft or Windows NT
key, since it is a function of the OS, not of the software itself. This
key is not need for uninstall.

	I used to know where this stuff lived, but its been a while since I had to play
	with it. :-(

//pcs

	DDA