httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: apache_1.3b3-dev_win32_a.exe
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:45:27 GMT
[snip]

 - It still installs by default to \Program Files\Apache, instead of
   \Apache

	This is the "norm" for the Win32 environment. Of course, the user should have the
	ability to change it if they like.

 - It puts its program group straight onto the Start menu, not
   Start|Programs.

	This is clearly wrong. What alot of things do is simply create a directory in
	\WINNT\Profiles\JRandomUser\Start Menu\Programs\ which I think will
	cause it to show up in the Start Menu for JRandomUser. But InstallShield
	should do all this for you.

[snip]

 - It adds a registry key for "Apache inc." with various keys
   such as "Apache WebServer for Win32", "1.31.000". Is this install
   shield? It should be possible to turn off all registry stuff.

	Some of this is for InstallShield, I think, used for the Uninstall

[snip]

//pcs

DDA