httpd-dev mailing list archives

From C...@PROCESS.COM (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: inetd mode broken again
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
>> +1 for removing inetd support.
>
>I can't say I am thrilled with the idea because inetd mode _does_ work
>fine, except for small things that keep breaking it, and it _is_ useful in
>some situations.

    Would you be thrilled with 1.2.* being supported indefinitely as the
    Last Bastion of Inetd Mode?  And stripping support for it from 1.3+?
    In other words, if you want inetd mode, you use 1.2.* or nothing at
    all?

    Should "Servertype Inetd" imply "-X"?  I'm kinda inclined to think
    so.. would this address some of the issues?  (Not the first time
    it's been suggested by any means, but I don't remember any
    resolution.)

    #ken    P-)}