httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject [BUG] 'proxy:' requests are catched by Apache handlers...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 1997 17:28:14 GMT
Hi,

after checking the stuff from PR#870 I found that proxy: requests are
catched by an Apache handler when ProxyPass (or the mod_rewrite counterpart)
is used.

A sample configuration:

 <Location /foobar>
 Options +ExecCGI
 SetHandler cgi-script
 </Location>

 ProxyPass /foobar/test.html  http://remote/foo.html

If the URL /foobar/test.html is requested the request is correctly
translated to "proxy:http://remote/foo.html" by mod_proxy, but the
cgi-script handler catched the requests and tries to execute
"proxy:http://remote/foo.html" which - of course - fails and a
file not found error is returned to the client.

The cgi-script handler is only an example it happens with every handler.

When I put the following section in the configuration the request
is completed as intended:

 <Location /foobar/test.html>
 SetHandler proxy-server
 </Location>

Any ideas how to fix this?
Can we wrap the call to invoke_handler with a check to make sure
that proxy: requests are not run through the normal handler set?
What about handlers that may want to deal with proxy: requests?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                    - "Never test for an error condition you
sfx@unix-ag.org                    - don't know how to handle." (Steinbach)