httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject mod_imap blocks non-GET methods (fwd)
Date Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:41:02 GMT

this sounds reasonable.

not acked

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:59:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jay Bloodworth <jay@pathways.sde.state.sc.us>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: mod_imap blocks non-GET methods

mod_imap.c does not check the method of the request it is called with to
ensure that it is get.  I believe the correct behavior is to decline
handling requests with other methods so that later modules (eg mod_action)
can handle the request; this is what most of the other modules that work
on a specific mime-type do.  The symptom that manifest this problems was
the server returning "404 Not Found" in response to an attempt to publish
a .map file via http PUT.

Attached is a tiny patch to add the proper check.

Thanks for the great server.

Jay Bloodworth

| Jay Bloodworth                  | jay@pathways.sde.state.sc.us |
| Network Technician              | Voice: (803) 734-7000        |
| SC Department of Education      | Fax: (803) 734-4064          |