httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Filehandles feature/bug (fwd)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:49:52 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:01:38 +0000 (GMT)
From: the hatter <hatter@magic-moments.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Filehandles feature/bug

I thought I'd be clever in getting around the max filehandles bug, by
using the same filename in the CustomLog for each of my VirtualHosts, so
that it would only use 1 filehandle for its main logging.  Unfortunately,
apache seems to use a separate handle for each directive, even though it's
the same file.  I need/want to log different information for each domain,
so I can't just use one directive in the main section.

Is this known/known and being fixed/known and being ignored, or has no one
else noticed this ?

TIA

the hatter