httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject IE4 goes live; Imminent Death of the Net predicted (fwd)
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 00:03:58 GMT
10 apache guru points for every HTTP/1.1 compliance bug discovered and
fully documented by tomorrow morning, k?  I'll be out drinking, so you'll
all have a head start :)

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:15:16 -0400
From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: IE4 goes live; Imminent Death of the Net predicted

Advance warning:

-----Forwarded message from "Charles Oppermann" <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>-----

From: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: IE4 goes live @ 7pm PT
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:10:43 -0700

Dear friends,
Internet Explorer version 4.0 goes live on http://microsoft.com  in
between 6pm and 7pm PT today, September 30!  This is a product that I've
worked on and I'm very proud of. In case you're interested, my
contribution to the product was the accessibility options dialog box,
various UI and HTML features, and exposing the Dynamic HTML Object Model
through Microsoft Active Accessibility.

[ snippage ]

The following Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are also offering IE4
from their sites:
*	Concentric
*	AT&T
*	EarthLink
*	Erol's
*	GTE
*	MCI
*	MindSpring
*	NETCOM
*	Prodigy
*	Sprint
*	SPRYNET

It's a big download - 22mb approximately for the full installation - so,
you might want to just order the CD-ROM from Microsoft.  Information on
doing that is at the above listed web sites.

-----End of forwarded message-----

Y'all have fun now, y'hear?  >:-)

Cheers
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology
Tampa Bay, Florida          conforms."  -- Dr. Don Norman      +1 813 790 7592