httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Proxy bug?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 23:48:44 GMT
I don't think it's a fatal problem -- I think the code is just a bit
impatient at declaring them tardy.  Specifically on TERM, it does a
killpg(SIGTERM), then calls reclaim_child_processes(2).  Then it waits a
whopping 4096us before declaring them tardy.  Given that solaris has a
hard time context switching 4ms isn't enough time.

A similar thing may or may not happen on HUP ... can you check?  If it
does then I think it's a new problem.  It could be child_exit... dunno
yet.

Dean